India Learn Golf Week
The INDIA LEARN GOLF WEEK (ILGW) is an initiative of the GOLF INDUSTRY ASSOCIATION (GIA), in partnership with the Indian Golf Union (IGU), the Women’s Golf Association of India (WGAI), the National Golf Association of India (NGAI), Golf Course Superintendents and Managers Association of India (GCS&MAI), as well as the Professional Golf Association (PGA) of America, and it aims to nurture the next 100,000 Indian golfers. The inaugural edition of ILGW was held pan-India between 25th September 2017 and 1st October 2017.
GIA intends to work with golf clubs, driving ranges, coaches, and regional associations to develop a nationally coordinated grassroots movement in the sport ably supported by a highly visible media campaign.
Golfing Week To Kindle The Inner Golfer
• National-level effort becomes torchbearer for future course of action following participation from 26 clubs across 15 cities
• Participation witnessed from all age groups – from four-year children to 67-year olds
• Support from various corners
• Former India cricketer and Chairman of the BCCI selection committee Kiran More was present at Panchkula Golf Club and encouraged everyone to take up the sport
• Hamoni Golf Club, Gurgaon, showcased their innovation and also organized a ‘pay and play’ tournament for juniors
• Participation from David Leadbetter Academy at the Oxford Golf and Country Club made the event a success in Pune
• A special clinic was organized for students from the Indian Institutes of Technology (IIT) at Golden Swan Country Club, Mumbai, where they learned about the nuances of the sport
• Aims to generate ₹1,500crore revenue for the golf industry over the next five years