Editor-in-Chief and Publisher
Rishi Narain is India’s foremost authority on golf. A gold medalist at the 1982 Asian Games, he is also a former All India Junior & All India Men’s Amateur Champion. Rishi was the first Indian to play NCAA college golf in USA and now plays on the Indian Senior Amateur Team.
Rishi served as Honorary Secretary of the Indian Professional Golfers Association from 1989-1996. He has spoken at the World Golf Forum (Wales 2009) and Asia Pacific Golf Summit (2009-2015) too.
Rishi is currently Editor-in-Chief and Publisher of Golf Digest India, the country’s leading monthly, and has penned over 1,000 sports columns in Economic Times and Times of India. He runs the annual India Golf Expo, a congregation of over 500 professionals in the golf industry in South Asia.
An astute marketer of sport, Rishi has sourced and executed over Rs 200 Crore in brand sponsorship in Indian golf at the professional, amateur, junior and corporate levels. He has consulted with developers of golf courses such as DLF, ITC, Jaypee Greens and Sahara Aamby Valley, and has made business plans and feasibility reports for several other projects.
In 2015, Rishi Narain was named as one of the 30 most influential People in Asian Golf by Asia Pacific Golf Group, Singapore, and Golf Inc. magazine USA.
Why We Publish Golf Digest India
- Bring the World’s #1 Golf publication to Indian readers – in print & digital
- Create the only platform to share Indian golf news and the best practices across the country
- Educate and inform to catalyse the growth of the game in India
- Build heroes of the game
- Recognise sponsors and supporters of golf in India
- Create an effective medium for advertisers to connect with golfers